Fundraiser launched after fire destroys Ramsgate couple’s home

Fire has destroyed the home of Mark and Jules

A fundraiser has been launched in a bid to help a Ramsgate couple whose home was destroyed in a fire last night (March 6).

Fire crews were called to Central Road at 11.38pm after flames took hold in the bungalow home of Mark Bond and Julie Banks.

Mark suffered burns during the incident and will need skin grafts on his hands. The couple have been left to try and salvage what belongings they can from the aftermath.

Mark’s sister Leah Baird has now launched an appeal to help furnish a temporary home – and is also asking for leads on available properties.

On the fundraiser page Leah said: “Mark and Jules are trying to salvage what they can,  but right now they have the clothes on their back – which had to be bought for Mark after the hospital cut his shirt from him because of the burns.

“Mark has to have skin grafts on his hands but Jules is thankfully OK. I need your help.  Anything you can donate or any living arrangement leads please let me know. Their house is condemned and they need somewhere to stay, if only temporarily.”

The fundraiser has a £1,000 target.

It is thought the fire was caused by overheated electrical equipment in the loft space.

Find the fundraising page by clicking here

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.