Fire crews attend blaze at Ramsgate home

Crews attended the house fire Photo Suzie Donohoe

Five fire engines and a height vehicle were sent to a house blaze in Hillbrow Road, Ramsgate last night (August 20).

A sounding smoke detector raised the alarm after a fire broke out in the basement of the property at around 9pm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using hose reel jets.

No injuries were reported.

It’s believed the fire started accidentally due to an electrical fault in the basement and spread throughout the rest of the property.

Fire crews finished at the scene at 10pm.

Following the incident, firefighters are reminding people to ensure they have a working smoke alarm on each floor of their homes and to check them regularly.