Man treated for smoke inhalation and three giant tortoises rescued in Margate fire

Image KFRS

A man has been treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in Margate this morning (December 26)

Fire crews also had to rescue three giant tortoises when they were called at 7.30am to a garage fire in Crossways Avenue

. Crews arrived to find a man suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke, he was treated with oxygen and advised to go to A&E as a precaution. The fire was at the rear of the garage. Firefighters used breathing apparatus, hose reel jet and ventilation fans to extinguish the blaze