Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a fire in the ceiling of a property on Green Road in Birchington early this morning (February 27).
Two fire engines were sent to the scene at 4am and crews used small tools for access before extinguishing the flames with a hose reel jet.
No casualties were reported. The fire is believed to have started accidentally due to radiated heat from a log burner.
Crews finished at the scene at 5.20am
i see the government are trying to ban them , mainly because they dont get anything out of people burning waste wood i suppose.
actually it is down to the stupidity of people burning wet wood which contributes to air pollution.
how do they light wet wood ? just a thought
they don’t light wet wood that’s the problem God do you need everything simplified?
There’s an old saying that is good advice. “Good manners cost nothing”. Please don’t be so rude to others.
whatever Fudge and it is so rude to hide behind a silly name please do not be rude manners cost nothing use your real name
Oh Keith, thank you for the laugh. Fudge is my real surname, it always has been. I got it from my father.
Oh Keith, thanks for the laugh. Fudge is my real surname and always has been. I got it from my father.