Two fire engines and the British red Cross have been in attendance following a blaze in Margate today (December 9).
Following the fire, crews are urging Kent residents to remember some simple safety tips when using candles in the home:
– Candles should be fitted in a candle holder, placed on a non-flammable surface
– Never leave them unattended when burning
– Ensure candles aren’t burning close to flammable items such as curtains, clothing or plants
– Extinguish all candles before leaving the room
– Ensure you have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home to alert you to a fire in the event of an emergency