Dreamland is turning the park into an open-air cinema this summer.
The amusement park will be showing family-friendly films and sing-a-longs on its huge HD outdoor screen on selected days over the coming weeks as part of the summer Roller Coast Festival.
Dreamland is launching a Thursday Night Cinema Club and Sunday Family Screenings.
Guests can book a free ticket to the events (provided on a first come first served basis), or upgrade to tickets that include food options and/or deckchair reservations.
Dreamland CEO Eddie Kemsley said: “We’ve got a sizzling, all-you-can-treat summer ahead at Dreamland, and now parents don’t need to worry about choosing between screen time and fresh air and exercise – we’ve got you covered!
“The park is perfect for those wanting to scream their lungs out on our rides, but it’s also a gorgeous spot for relaxing with friends and family with a great film.
“Bring a blanket and sunscreen, pick a spot on the Dreamland steps, dress up if you feel inclined, and watch the credits roll.”
Snacks, beers, tea and fizz are available in the food court.
The new Thursday Cinema Club with family-friendly films at 7.30pm:
25th July – The Mask
1st August – The Greatest Showman Sing-A-Long-a
8th August – Spice World The Movie
15th August – Hairspray (2007)
22nd August – Jurassic Park
29th August – Grease Sing-A-Long-a
Sunday Family Screenings from 10.30am each week:
28th July – Captain Underpants
4th August – Dumbo (2019)
11th August – The Wizard of Oz
18th August – Space Jam
25th August – Big Hero 6
Full screenings programme: https://www.dreamland.co.uk/events
Dreamland will be open every day throughout the summer holidays and guests can expect all sorts of crazy activities, character appearances, films screenings and games for all ages during the Roller Coast Festival from July 19 to September 1.
Dreamland Margate is free to enter, and guests can pay per ride or buy discounted ride wristbands in advance online. Dreamland membership get the most out the park, with unlimited rides and multiple discounts across the site throughout the year.
Roller Coast Festival – 19th July to 1st September
- Superheroes Week -Unleash your superpowers, dance with heroes, and catch up with Captain Cauliflower and Captain Underpants
- Carnival Week -Get ready to samba in your own street parade, celebrate Margate carnival, make a colourful mask and sing your heart out at The Greatest Showman sing-a-long
- Rainbow Week – Celebrate all the colours of Pride with rainbow-themed mayhem, including Drag Kween story time, dress up workshops, Rainbow Care Bear and a trip to see The Wizard of Oz
- Street Fest Week -Take your skillz to the streets with dance workshops, BMX stunts, football tournaments, fashion battles and daytime block party with Fun DMC
- Science Week- Embrace your inner nerd with live shows all week from Brainiac and cheer on the scientists in Jurassic Park
- Milkshake Week – Channel 5’s Milkshake! takes over Dreamland on the final week of the holidays. Expect live shows starring Fireman Sam, Milkshake Monkey, Nella The Princess Knight, Digby Dragon and MORE!
For more information and details of what’s happening on the park this summer, visit www.dreamland.co.uk.