Crews called to tumble dryer fire in St Peters


Crews were called out to a tumble dryer fire in St Peters this afternoon (September 28).

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called at 3pm to a property in Victoria Avenue. Smoke was coming from an upstairs bedroom window and the owner of the property was outside. They were assessed by firefighters and paramedics.

Crews entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and extinguished the blaze with a hose reel jet. The bedroom suffered severe fire, heat and smoke damage, the rest of the property suffered smoke damage.

The cause of the fire was accidental and started in the tumble dryer that was kept in the bedroom.

There were no reported injuries.