Family left homeless after Margate house fire

The fire in Grosvenor Place Photo Christina Diane

A family have been left homeless after a fire in Margate this evening (July 17).

Fire crews were called to a house in Grosvenor Place at 7.11pm. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze in the kitchen using a high-pressure hose reel jet. Smoke and fumes were then cleared from the property by the crew using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Three adults and one child need rehousing following the fire. KFRS’s volunteers and the British Red Cross are helping the family.

An electrical engineer from UK Power Networks also attended the scene.

The fire was dealt with by 8.10pm.