Discarded cigarette butt believed to be cause of Broadstairs shed fire


Kent Fire and Rescue Service attended a shed fire in Broadstairs in the early hours today [December 12] believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette on a nearby footpath.

Two engines attended the fire in Linley Road at 2.35am and crews extinguished the flames using a hose reel jet.

No injuries were reported. Crews finished at the scene at 3.02am.

KFRS is urging people to remember to dispose of cigarettes carefully and responsibly and make sure they are fully out before being thrown away.


        • I tend to agree with Billy & Pinky on this one – have you tried lighting a bonfire this time of year? with a cigarette even, no chance.
          Did the fire brigades forensic team turn out? or was this just the conclusion of the firemen?

          • So, the fire brigade, the on-site experts, are wrong, and you lot, arm chair amateurs, know better?
            I don’t think so.

          • Well, as you seem to know everything about the climate, politics, airports and gender identity without ever leaving your grubby chair… why not?

Comments are closed.