Shed, fencing and trees catch alight from incinerator spark in Margate


A garden fire in Margate last night (October 2) started accidentally after it’s believed a spark from an outdoor incinerator caused three sheds, fencing and conifer trees to catch alight.

Two fire engines were sent to the property in Dane Mount at 7.35pm, where crews used hose reels to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters administered first aid to one person who was suffering from shock.

Following the incident, crews are reminding people to always make sure any outdoor fire is positioned well away from buildings, garden sheds, fences, hedges, and overhanging branches and, always make sure the fire is completely out before being left unattended.

Fire crews left the scene just before 8.30pm.