Some businesses were forced to shut yesterday (November 27) due to a suspected gas leak in Ramsgate’s Harbour Street.
Stores had opened up to cater for people attending the Christmas fair and light switch on in the town.
But fire crews were called at 12.51pm to the suspected leak at The Goose,
Three fire engines and the technical rescue unit attended the scene and part of the road was cordoned off while crews dealt with the incident.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: “Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called at 12.51pm to reports of a suspected gas leak at a commercial premises in Harbour Street, Ramsgate.
“Three fire engines and the technical rescue unit attended the property, where crews ventilated the building and checked the area was safe. No casualties were reported and duty of care was left with the site manager.”
Fire crews finished at the scene at 6.56pm.
The Christmas light switch on in the town was not affected.
its too expensive to waste it like that
Yes, the fire engine is facing the wrong way in a one way street and the road is closed off anyway,because there is a gate.
Still no harm done and the gas leak is fixed?
All open again, pop in and buy local tomorrow 🙂