Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a chimney fire at a property on Grange Road, Ramsgate yesterday (March 20).
Two engines attended the scene at 4.30pm,
Crews used chimney fire rods from the inside of the property, as well as a fog spike to create a hole and spray water into the chimney from outside to put out the fire.
Following the incident crews are urging anyone with a chimney to sign up for a free clean sweep alert which is an annual reminder to have chimneys swept and maintained.
More information about the clean sweep alert can be found here: https://www.kent.fire-uk.org/news/campaigns/clean-sweep-alert/
Crews finished at the scene at 6.46pm.