East Kent Hospitals in making change to maternity services, including at QEQM Hospital Margate, to keep mums and babies safe during the coronavirus emergency.
- They will contact you to discuss any changes to your upcoming appointment. If changes are made to your upcoming appointment they will telephone you, otherwise please attend as planned
- A phone or video consultation may replace your upcoming appointment, but will be discussed with you first
- Glucose tolerance test appointments will still be held in hospital – if you have a glucose tolerance test scheduled, go to hospital for that appointment
- Do not bring anyone to your appointment — you must attend your appointment alone to help prevent the spread of infection.
- Do not bring anyone to your scan appointment — you must attend your appointment alone to help prevent the spread of infection.
Birth partners and visitors
- You may have one named birthing partner with you for the duration of your labour and delivery
- Only your birthing partner can visit you while you are in hospital. No other visitors are allowed, to help prevent the spread of infection
- Partners cannot stay overnight in the ward areas.
Antenatal classes and tours
- Antenatal classes, tours and drop-in sessions are cancelled until further notice.
Find helpful information about pregnancy and maternity services on the MOMA app and our maternity web pages.