Crews attend beach hut fire in Westbrook


Fire crews attended a beach hut blaze in Westbrook last night (July 14).

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a beach hut alight near the Royal Esplanade at 11.48pm.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.

The fire is believed to have been started accidentally as a result of heat radiating from a used disposable barbecue, which had been left between the beach hut and the promenade.

Following the incident, crews are reminding the public to be extra cautious when having a barbecue. Remember to keep barbecues away from buildings, sheds, fences, overhanging branches and any other foliage that could catch fire. Never leave barbecues unattended and when the cooking is finished, ensure it has been fully extinguished and cooled.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.