Hartsdown Academy students celebrate International Baccalaureate results

Celebrations at Hartsdown Academy

Hartsdown Academy in Margate is celebrating its first set of International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (IBCP) results.

.This is the first year that students have taken the course, and the school says the results have been incredibly successful, helping to secure bright futures for Year 13 students.

International Baccalaureate grades are awarded on a 1-7 scale, with 7 being the highest.  Hartsdown Academy students achieved 100% grades 3-7 in their courses against the International Baccalaureate average of 98%.

Individual successes include Sophie Robinson, who achieved a grade B in the reflective project and 5s in English and Psychology. Jake Wareham also gained  a 5 in Music and Steven Secker a 5 Maths.

Students will receive their final results on Sixth Form results day on August 15, where they will be given the results of their BTEC (Business and Technology Education Council) qualifications.

Following the current results, 75% of students have offers for university to study courses including Criminology, Performing Arts, English and Maths. The other 25% of students are either planning to apply to university the following year or go on to start their careers.

Harvey Ovenden, Head of Sixth Form, said: “ The students’ achievements are a testament to their hard work, the dedication of our teaching staff and the robust nature and rigour of the International Baccalaureate curriculum.. The structure and ethos of the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme has proved extremely successful in not only supporting our students to gain these amazing grades but also developed them as learners and world-citizens, who are capable of replicating success in their future.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.