Margate RNLI has responded to two missing children on Margate’s main sands this afternoon (June 29).
Both of Margate’s RNLI lifeboats were tasked today to search for the two missing children on Margate’s main sands, one had been missing for two and a half hours.
The inshore lifeboat launched and fortunately, soon after, both children were found safe and well and the lifeboat returned to station.
Keep safe advice
- Aim to head for a lifeguarded beach.
- Understand the meaning of and take note of the flags.
- Speak to the lifeguards for local knowledge and weather information.
- When you arrive agree a meeting point in case of separation, the lifeguard hut for example.
- Take a photo of your children on your mobile phone on the day – useful for those searching.
If your child goes missing.
- STAY CALM and check your immediate surroundings ensuring other children remain monitored.
- Contact the lifeguards or police and keep them informed.
- Let all searchers know once the child is found.
The heart-stopping moment you realise your child has wandered off is not the time to regret giving your day out a little thought beforehand – have fun and enjoy this weather everyone but stay safe.
Go to https://rnli.org/safety/beach-safety for more information.