Firefighters called to boiler fire in Cliftonville

Crews at the scene Photo Philip Cutler

Fire crews were called to Ethelbert Terrace in Cliftonville tonight (May 22) to reports of smoke coming from a boiler in a top floor flat.

After phoning 999 at 8.40pm, the resident  left their home to await the arrival of fire crews.

Two fire engines were sent and crews in breathing apparatus went into the property and found a small fire in an electrical cupboard. They used a dry powder extinguisher to put the fire out and a special fan to clear smoke and fumes from the flat.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.