Crews called to Trove Court bin chute fire

Fire crews at Trove Court Photo Tyrone Keen

Fire crews were called to Trove Court in Ramsgate last night following reports of a fire in the rubbish chute.

Crews arrived to find a number of people had evacuated from the Newcastle Hill towerblock.

On inspection it was discovered there was a fire in the bin store of the building. Crews quickly extinguished the fire using a hose reel jet. They also used a large ventilation fan to clear smoke from the communal areas of the building.

The fire is believed to have been accidental as there were no signs of malicious intent. There were no reported injuries.

Six fire engines and the height vehicle attended. Crews were at the site for just under 30 minutes, stopping at 7pm.