Fire crews called to former Morgan’s Dance Hall in Margate

Morgan's before it closed in October

Fire crews have been called to the former Morgan’s dance hall on Margate seafront.

Two engines were called to the building, which has access on Marine Parade and the High Street, at 4.32pm due to an electrical fire in the fascia.

A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “KFRS requested the electrics company to come out as it was an external electrical fire on the first floor level.

“Crews used a hydrant and short extension ladder to deal with it and bring it under control.”

There were no casualties. Fire crews finished at the scene at 4.52pm.

Morgans closed last October. The seafront bar, formerly the Waverley, was taken on by Allyson Jones in 2012 and completely refurbished.

It opened in 2013 and became a hot spot for live music and dances. The venue was shut when the lease was not renewed.