Cliftonville teen and accomplice jailed for McDonald’s knife attack

St Louis (left) and Gedi have been jailed

A Cliftonville teenager involved in a stabbing at a Gravesend McDonald’s restaurant has been jailed.

Aiden St Louis, 19, and from Lewis Crescent and Mohammed Gedi, of Chingford, assaulted an 18-year-old man in front of up to 50 onlookers in July 2017, leaving him with multiple injuries.

St Louis admitted one count of wounding with intent and having an offensive weapon while Gedi was found guilty by a jury of wounding with intent on Thursday 22 February following a trial.

They were both sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court today (March 5)

St Louis was sentenced to six-and-a-half years imprisonment and must serve an additional three years on licence as part of an extended sentence.

Gedi, 21 and of Highams Park, was sentenced to seven years.


The court heard that at 3.45am on Sunday 16 July 2017 St Louis and Gedi chased the victim into the McDonald’s restaurant in New Road.

St Louis was carrying a knife and both men pushed security door staff out of the way to gain entry to the premises. Once inside the offenders cornered the victim in front of customers and began attacking him.

The victim attempted to defend himself with a child’s high chair but was stabbed multiple times.

Security staff intervened, causing Gedi to run away, however St Louis continued with the assault before also fleeing the scene.

The victim suffered serious injuries to his head, both arms and leg, and a knife blade had been left in his leg.

He also needed surgery on his arm to repair a damaged muscle and has been left with lasting damage and scarring.

The incident was captured on CCTV and also a mobile phone. This footage was later uploaded to social media.

After reviewing the footage officers working in Margate identified St Louis and Gedi as offenders and they were  arrested and remanded in custody after been charged.


Detective Constable Peter Frampton, the investigating officer for this case, said: “This was a sustained and incredibly violent attack and the offenders were not deterred by the number of witnesses present.

‘It was a terrifying ordeal for the victim, who needed surgery on his wounds, and also for the other 40-50 people who were in the restaurant at the time.

“Their behaviour was entirely inexcusable and they have shown that, by carrying out such a brazen and aggressive attack, they are a very real threat to other members of the public.”


  1. The sentences are not long enough for this sort of crime. The victim should appeal. They do not deserve to be let out on the streets again.

Comments are closed.