The former King Edward VII pub in Dane Valley Road will become a café and restaurant if Thanet council gives planning permission.
An application has been lodged by Arull Kandiah for a change of use at the premises in Dane Valley Road.
The property was once a shop but by 1912 was a pub tied to the Thompson brewery of Walmer. It was later taken over by Shepherd and Neame but closed in 2014.
The proposal is expected to create 4 full time and 4 part time jobs.
The application also asks for permission to build an extension and rooflights for a conversion from one three-bed flat on the upper floor into two three-bed flats.
A decision on the application has not yet been made.