Emergency crews have been called to a fire at an industrial unit in Princes Road, Ramsgate.
Crews received a 999 call at 3.37pm.
When they arrived a breathing apparatus team went into the building with a hose reel and extinguished the fire, which is believed to have started in an oven alight used for drying paint work.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was then used to clear smoke and fumes from the unit.
The staff had safely evacuated the building prior to Kent Fire and Rescue Service’s arrival.
The fire damaged the oven, some plastic panelling had also burnt away and there was smoke damage throughout the single storey unit.
Fire crews left the scene just before 5pm.