Fire crews have been called to The Bench wine bar on Ramsgate seafront.
Two engines are currently at the scene dealing with a fire in the cellar.
Witnesses say the wine bar was not open to customers today. They report the fire alarm sounding at about 5pm. Owner Jeremy Godden is now at the premises.
A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were called at 5pm. There was smoke coming from the cellar. Two crews are tackling it using breathing apparatus, hose reel jet, main jet and a ventilation fan to clear the smoke.
“There are no reported injuries.”
The cause of the blaze is suspected to be a tumble dryer.
Lucky it was closed today …….
Once is unfortunate
Twice is careless
Third time… ??
Goddens… Fire… hmmm…