A woman needed oxygen after a fire at her Margate home


A woman has been given oxygen therapy by firefighters after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a single-storey home in Cliffe Avenue in Margate.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus put out the flames using a high-pressure hose reel jet, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke and fumes from the property.

The woman was passed to the care of paramedics, but it is not thought hospital treatment was needed. There are no reports of any other injuries and the cause of the fire is not currently known.

Fire crews were called out at 9.05pm and left the scene at 10.10pm.