Fire crews attend chip pan blaze at Broadstairs business


Kent Fire and Rescue Service attended Sea Master chip shop in Albion Road, Broadstairs after a chip fryer caught alight today (June 7).

Two fire engines attended the scene at 12.22pm where crews, wearing breathing apparatus, used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.

A high pressure fan was then used to ventilate the property.

One person was passed into the care of SECAmb paramedics after displaying symptoms of smoke inhalation.

Fire crews finished at the scene at 1pm.