Crews attend tumble dryer fire at property in Minster


Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a tumble dryer alight at a flat in Molineux Road, Minster this afternoon [November 28].

Two fire engines were sent to the home at 2pm and crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using hose reel jets, before using a high-pressured fan to clear the property of smoke.

Two people were passed into the care of SECAmb paramedics as a precaution for minor smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental. Crews finished at the scene at 3pm.

KFRS advises that before using a tumble dryer or any similar appliance, such as a dishwasher or washing machine, make sure they are good working order and maintained as instructed in the manufacturer’s guidelines.

Only run cycles when you’re home and awake and remember to have a working smoke alarm on each floor of your property.