Further strike action is to take place on the Southeastern railway network from tomorrow (May 31).
Strikes are scheduled for:
- Wednesday 31 May – ASLEF union
- Friday 2 June – RMT union
- Saturday 3 June – ASLEF union
No trains will run on the network tomorrow and June 3 and there will only be a limited service on June 2.
Travel advice for Wednesday 31 May and Saturday 3 June
- You cannot travel on these dates – there are no trains running and no replacement buses. For alternative transport options visit traveline.
Travel advice for Friday 2 June
- There will be a limited service running
- Only 58 out of 180 stations will be open. No replacement buses will serve stations that are closed. For alternative transport options visit traveline.
Rail workers are striking in a dispute over pay, conditions and passenger safety issues. The RMT say this includes: “unsafe practices for the travelling public such as a 50% cut in scheduled maintenance tasks and an unacceptable hike in unsocial hours.