Emergency crews called to gas explosion in Margate flats


Emergency services were called to a gas explosion in a block of flats in Margate last night (April 9)

Firefighters were called to reports of the explosion in a ground floor flat of a three-storey property in Union Row at 10.10pm.

On arrival, the two crews discovered that the force of the blast had damaged windows in the premises and left one person with minor burns which were treated by paramedics.

The cause of the incident is thought to be accidental. Kent Police, ambulance service and a gas engineer were also in attendance. The fire service finished at the scene just after 11pm.


  1. I can’t remember as many domestic gas explosions before, they seem to happen every week! Are people trying to divert their supply pass their gas meter, causing a gas leak I wonder?

  2. If there are people out there trying to divert their supply pass their gas meter, well don’t do it because life is sometime’s aways to short ~ (“what if your house goes up in flame and you kill your entire family, What about extended Family and your friend because you decide to act Stupid..

Comments are closed.