Crews attend fire at Margate flat


Kent Fire and Rescue Service has been called to reports of a fire in a flat on Canterbury Road in Margate (Westbrook) today (April 6).

Two fire engines were sent to the property just before 9.30am, where crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire on the hob. They also used a high pressed fan to clear the home of smoke.

No injuries were reported, and it is believed that the fire started by something being left on top of the hob.

Crews finished at the scene at 10.15am.

Following the incident, crews are reminding people to make sure cooking surfaces are kept clear of anything that could catch alight. Fires can start quickly, so try not to get distracted when you’re cooking and remember not to leave it unattended.