A sea of Santas accompanied by a wave of elves, could be seen running along Margate seafront today (December 11).
The festive crowd turned out for the annual Santas on the Run in aid of Pilgrims Hospices.
The route started at the Winter Gardens, with Santas, elves and the odd reindeer snaking past Turner Contemporary and continuing along the promenade towards Westgate before returning for their well-deserved festive medals.
Despite the cold and foggy start, Christmas runners of all ages cheerfully took on the 3k and 5k routes to make a difference to the families being cared for by the hospice teams this Christmas.
Fundraising pays for:
- £1 could pay for a patient to enjoy a mince pie and custard in the run up to Christmas
- £12 could pay for a patient’s Christmas dinner
- £20 could pay for a physiotherapy session to help patients stay active and enjoy games with their family on Christmas day
- £50 could pay for a Christmas tree to decorate our hospice family rooms
- £100 could pay for a therapy session for a child coping with the loss of a loved one over the festive season