Margate bedroom fire believed to be caused by vape pen


Two fire crews were called to a Margate home yesterday (October 31) for a fire believed to have been caused by a vape pen.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to the fire in a bedroom in a property on Draco Drive (off Star Lane) at 5.42pm.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to put the fire out.

There were no reported injuries at this incident and crews finished at the scene at 6.50pm. British Red Cross was also in attendance.


  1. This would have been started by teens wiring up disposable vapes (with no liquid left) to charge them. Because there is no liquid to burn, they catch fire, on top of the open wiring.

Comments are closed.