Three people were treated for smoke inhalation following an incident in Ramsgate today (March 1).
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a smoke alarm sounding at a flat in King Street at 4.21pm. Two fire engines attended and crews led two people to safety from the smoke-filled property.
The two occupants and a neighbour,= were treated at the scene by firefighters for smoke inhalation. SECAmb also attended.
The alarm was activated by cooking that had been left unattended, which crews removed from the heat on arrival and used a high pressured fan to clear the property of smoke.