Firefighters called to bedroom blaze in Garlinge

Neighbours had to leave their homes last night (July 20) while fire crews dealt with a bedroom blaze at a property in Garlinge.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service’s Emergency Control Centre was alerted to the fire in Glebe Gardens at 9.20pm, following 999 calls reporting flames and smoke coming from a bedroom window on the top floor of the house.

Neighbours were advised to leave their properties and fire crews were quickly on the scene. They fought the blaze in the front bedroom wearing breathing apparatus and using a covering jet, hose reel jets and positive pressure ventilation fan.

The fire was out by 10.04pm and there were no reports of any casualties.  Firefighters had left the scene by 10.40pm.