Emergency services called to Cliftonville betting shop fire and burglary

There is currently a cordon at the building Photo Del Moorcroft

Emergency services were called to a Clifonville betting shop fire and suspected burglary in the early hours of this morning (June 9).

Four engines attended the fire at the William Hill betting shop in Northdown Road at 4.16am. Police were also at the scene.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets, a main jet and water from a hydrant to put the fire out. A high pressure fan was used to clear the building of smoke.

Photo Ken Wraight

There were no reported injuries, and the fire is believed to have started accidentally.

However, a police cordon is in place at the building as officers investigate a reported burglary at the same premises. The building is believed to have been entered duringlast night (June 8).

A 25-year-old man from Margate has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in custody.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.