A Grammy award winner, a chart topper, a BAFTA nominee and a Glastonbury performer are just four of the attractions at this year’s Ramsgate Festival of Sound next month (July).
The event is celebratings its 10th anniversary in style with three times Grammy winner, Dame Evelyn Glennie as one of the headliners. She’ll be collaborating with improvisational hipsters Trio HLK.
Festival producer Andrew Gibson said: ““This year is our 10th anniversary and it promises to be a very special festival with international acts as well as local talent in both music and art.
“Dame Evelyn Glennie is regarded as one of the world’s premier percussionists. She has worked with orchestras worldwide and collaborated with artists including Bjork, Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits and Steve Hackett from Genesis. She has played the Albert Hall and the 2012 London Olympics opening ceremony. Now she’s coming to Ramsgate.”
Other festival headliners include chart topper David McAlmont (of McAlmont & Butler), BAFTA nominated soundtrack impresario Simon Boswell & the And. plus singer Amy Montgomery, fresh from her appearance at Glastonbury.
Dame Evelyn Glennie and HLK Trio will play at the Taylor Hall at St Lawrence College, Ramsgate, on July 25. Tickets are on sale now on the festival website: www.ramsgatefestival.org
Other festival highlights include:
- The Sonic Trail: 13 art & sound installations around Ramsgate by award winning artists.
- Jazz, poetry, spoken word and curated talks including author Maggie Gee.
- Live performances from local, national and international musicians and world-class cabaret.
- Film screenings & director Q&As. Children’s creative workshops + theatre.
- Immersive dining experiences with award winning House of Gastro Phonics.
Ramsgate Festival of Sound (It’s A Matter Of Time) runs from July 20-28.
For venues, artists, times and further information visit: www.ramsgatefestival.org
Facebook facebook.com/ramsgatefestival/ Twitter @ramfest Insta @ramsgatefestofsound