A vintage carriage has arrived at Locomotive Storage in Margate.
The observation car was built for the North Eastern Railway in 1903. It was then renumbered and became part of the LNER fleet as coach 2305, latterly used as a Clerestory observation car.
It was classed as a Clerestory Saloon and restored by BREL York in 1973. Then went to Didcot, Market Overton and Carnforth. It was sold to private owner, Crewe Heritage briefly during 1990, to NYMR 1995. It went to East Lancs in late 2000 and then to Ribble Valley.
The carriage arrived at Locomotive Storage, which operates a storage and maintenance business for classic railway locomotives and heritage rolling stock on the former Hornby warehouse site, last night (March 20).
Its main depot facility is in Crewe but the company also bought the Westwood site in February 2017.
The main warehouse has been converted with seven railway tracks laid in the warehouse and access loading docks to facilitate the unloading and loading of locomotives and carriages. It is expected that up to 30 items of rolling stock will be housed there for eventual public display.