Building teams are due on site imminently to repair damage following a fire at a seafront wine bar.
Fire crews were called to a blaze in the cellar at The Bench on Monday at 5pm.
Two engines were at the scene with crews using breathing apparatus, hose reel jet, main jet and a ventilation fan to clear the smoke.
They left the site at 7pm.
Wine bar boss Jeremy Godden said: “We are assessing the damage and will be open as soon as possible. Building teams will be there asap to rectify the issues.”
Staff have been instructed to tell customers asking to book that the bar is closed until further notice.
There were no reported injuries. The fire is thought to have been started by a faulty tumble dryer.