One person taken to hospital following Ramsgate house fire

Kent Fire and Rescue Service Stock image

One person has been taken to hospital following a fire in Ramsgate.

Crews were called to the blaze in a two-story house in Coleman Crescent, Ramsgate at 2.30pm today (March 27).

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire in the ground floor of the property using a hose reel jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan.

An ambulance was required for one occupant who was taken to hospital.

The British Red Cross support vehicle was requested to attend the scene to offer support to the occupants.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental, possibly due to a candle.