The firm pursuing plans to reopen Manston airport as a cargo hub has announced days and venues for its public consultation.
Riveroak Strategic Partners (RSP) hopes to aquire the site through a Development Consent Order and reinstate air freight, passenger, executive travel and aircraft engineering services.
The consultation forms part of the DCO process.
- The King’s Hall, Herne Bay, Wednesday 14 June: 2pm – 8pm
- The Pavilion, Broadstairs, Thursday 15 June: 2pm – 8pm
- Cliffsend Village Hall, Friday 16 June: 2pm – 8pm
- The Sands Hotel, Margate, Saturday 17 June: 10am – 2pm
- The Guildhall, Sandwich, Tuesday 20 June: 2pm – 8pm
- Abode Hotel, Canterbury, Thursday 22 June: 2pm – 8pm
- The Comfort Inn, Ramsgate, Saturday 24 June: 10am – 2pm
Copies of consultation documents will be available from 12 June at www.rsp.co.uk and at these public libraries during their normal opening hours: Birchington, Broadstairs, Cliftonville, Deal, Herne Bay, Margate, Minster-in-Thanet, Newington, Ramsgate, Sandwich and Westgate.
As the full Preliminary Environmental Impact Report (PEIR) is a very large document, it will only be available in full at Deal, Herne Bay and Margate libraries
There will be two business-only briefings, at The King’s Hall in Herne Bay, on Wednesday, June 14 and at the Pavilion in Broadstairs, on Thursday, June 15. Businesses interested in attending should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to secure a place.
Stone Hill Park
Landowners Stone Hill Park expect Thanet councillors to hear their planning application for the site later this year.
The company has submitted a masterplan for 2,500 homes; an advanced manufacturing focused business park; sports and recreational facilities, with the former runway becoming the focal point for a network of parkland, trails and outdoor space, and a ‘heritage hub’ at the site.
Stone Hill Park’s plans can be viewed here