Motorists are being urged to take extra care on the roads today (February 11) with snow and ice reported in many parts of east Kent.
There have been three separate collisions on the M20.
Two cars were involved in the first crash at 5.07am between junctions 8 and 9. A car skidded on the opposite carriageway and ended up in a ditch around 5.20am. At 6.15 am a lorry and car collided on the coast-bound carriageway also between junctions 8 and 9.
Fortunately no one was injured in these incidents and they have all now been cleared.
- Take extra care in bad weather – stopping distances double in wet weather, and are even longer in ice and snow.In snow or bad weather conditions, avoid driving altogether if you can.
- Plan your route before you set off and check the latest weather forecast.
- Watch out for other road users like pedestrians, cyclists and horses, who may be harder to see in bad weather.
- Try not to brake, accelerate or manoeuver quickly to keep control of your vehicle.
- If you skid, ease off the accelerator but don’t brake suddenly.