Man rescued from Ramsgate flat fire

Kent Fire and Rescue Service Stock image

Fire crews forced their way into a property in Ramsgate this morning (October 15) and rescued a man.

Crews were called to a kitchen fire in a flat in St Mildred’s Road just after midnight when neighbours reported smoke in the premises.

The man was led to safety while crews used a high-pressure hose reel jet and positive pressure ventilation fan to deal with unattended cooking that had caused the smoke and fumes.

The occupier was given a precautionary check by paramedics but did not require transport to hospital. The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*