Man given oxygen following Broadstairs chip pan fire

Image KFRS

A man has been given oxygen by fire crews after a chip pan caught alight in his Broadstairs home.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Western Esplanade, at around 2pm, after black smoke was seen billowing from the ground floor flat.

Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus went into the flat. They made sure the chip pan fire was extinguished, before removing it from the property and clearing smoke and fumes using a special fan.

Small tools were used to cut away the ground floor kitchen ceiling and a thermal scan was carried out to check for fire spread via the kitchen extractor fan.
An electrical safety engineer from UK Power Networks was also called to the incident.

Fire crews cleared the scene by 3pm.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*