A dog has been rescued and resuscitated by fire crews in a suspected arson in Margate.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched a smoke-logged house in Lister Road, following reports of a fire where people were still inside the property this morning at 9.26am.
Crews extinguished the blaze on the ground floor using a high-pressure hose reel jet, before clearing smoke and fumes from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan. The dog was given oxygen therapy using specialist animal kit carried by all Kent’s fire engines, leading to a successful resuscitation.
All persons have been accounted for with no injuries. The cause of the fire is thought to be suspicious and will be investigated by Kent Police with KFRS fire investigation officers.